Meet my new obsession: Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce. Born out of my favorite Best Ever Mexican Black Beans, this meal is easy, quick, and seriously delicious.
I love black beans in almost any form, but to me the real star of this recipe is the Avocado-Lime Sauce. Think of it as a cross between cilantro-lime dressing and guacamole. It’s absolutely perfect for dipping these tacos, or as a topping for burritos or salads.
I always seem to have the ingredients for this recipe in my kitchen, so this one is perfect for weeknights when I’m short on time. I love that the tacos are rich and crunchy, and the sauce is packed with fresh flavors.
If you want to try a sour cream-based sauce, or maybe serve two different sauces, these black bean tacos also taste great with Chipotle Lime Crema.
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce: a quick and easy vegetarian meal, loaded with flavor.
- 3 cups Best Ever Mexican Black Beans
- 3/4 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, separated
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
1 taco - 193 calories, 9g fat: 22g carbohydrates, 6g protein. 1/4 cup sauce - 117 calories, 13g fat, 3 Carbohydrates, 1g protein.