Meet my new obsession: Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce. Born out of my favorite Best Ever Mexican Black Beans, this meal is easy, quick, and seriously delicious.
I love black beans in almost any form, but to me the real star of this recipe is the avocado-lime sauce. Think of it as a cross between cilantro-lime dressing and guacamole. It’s absolutely perfect for dipping these tacos, or as a topping for burritos or salads.
I always seem to have the ingredients for this recipe in my kitchen, so this one is perfect for weeknights when I’m short on time. I love that the tacos are rich and crunchy, and the sauce is packed with fresh flavors.
If you want to try a sour cream-based sauce, or maybe serve two different sauces, these black bean tacos also taste great with Chipotle Lime Crema.
This recipe makes 12 tacos – enough for 6 servings, plus a little extra sauce. If 12 tacos is too many, this recipe is really easy to cut in half. But is there really such a thing as too many tacos?
For the Tacos:
- 3 cups Best Ever Mexican Black Beans (click link for recipe)
- 3/4 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
For the Sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, thick stems removed
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Make the Sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Make the Tacos:
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
- Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with Wildside+ Jar (90 oz), Professional-Grade Power, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 10-speeds, Black (Certified Refurbished)
- KitchenAid KSB1570SL 5-Speed Blender with 56-Ounce BPA-Free Pitcher - Silver
- Lodge 13.25 Pre Seasoned Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Large Classic Cast Iron Skillet for Family Size Meals
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 taco plus 1 tablespoon sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Unsaturated Fat: 9.5g Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 1.6g Protein: 7g
Disclosures: The author was not compensated by any person or company for the content of this post. The post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product using these links, we receive a commission. This helps with the cost of publishing recipes on this website.