Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Mexican spiced beans and melty cheese are addictive! Add avocado lime sauce for an easy vegetarian dinner for kids + adults.
Meet my new obsession: crunchy vegetarian tacos made with my favorite Best Ever Mexican Black Beans. This kid-friendly dinner is easy, quick, and seriously delicious.
I always seem to have the pantry-staple ingredients for this recipe in my kitchen. So this has become my go-to quick dinner recipe for weeknights when I’m short on time. I love that the tacos are rich and crunchy, and the sauce is packed with fresh flavors.
How To Serve Crispy Black Bean Tacos
If one dressing isn’t enough, why not add a second flavor-packed mexican topping to your Taco Tuesday menu? My Chipotle Lime Crema is another crowd-pleasing Mexican condiment.
And the fun part is that you can dress these tacos up with your favorite fresh and crunchy toppings. My family likes to add chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, a squeeze of lime and more shredded cheese on their crunchy black bean tacos.
Are Black Bean Tacos Healthy?
These black bean tacos are naturally vegan and easy to make gluten-free with corn tortillas. This is a well-rounded meal that features plant-based protein from beans, as well as healthy fats from the avocado sauce.
It’s filling, satisfying and delicous–sounds like the perfect trio to me! Not to mention, this is a fully kid-approved dinner. It’s not too spicy, and who doesn’t love the crunch of a crisp tortilla?
How Many Tacos Per Person?
This makes 12 crunchy bean tacos. Usually, I serve two per person, so there’s enough for 6 serving. Of course, you can easily cut this recipe in half to feed a smaller group (or just yourself!).
You can also serve hand-held bean tacos to a big group, they’re the perfect party appetizer! Double or even triple the ingredients for a larger batch.
More Favorite Mexican Recipes
Here are some more popular Mexican dinner recipes, including more tacos!
- Blackened Shrimp Tacos made with grain-free keto tortillas
- Best-Ever Ground Beef Tacos
- Crispy Avocado Tacos from A Couple Cooks is another avocado-laden vegetarian taco recipe to try
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro thick stems removed
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 jalapeno seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Crispy Black Bean Tacos:
- [3 cups Best Ever Mexican Black Beans click link for recipe]
- 3/4 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4-6 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
Make the Sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Make the Tacos:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosures: The author was not compensated by any person or company for the content of this post. The post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product using these links, we receive a commission. This helps with the cost of publishing recipes on this website.