I love, love, LOVE the fresh flavor combo of jalapeños, tomatillos, and cilantro. That’s why I’m so in love with this recipe for creamy jalapeño sauce. I developed this recipe to go with my crispy veggie fritters, but this sauce goes perfectly with tacos, rice bowls, or roast chicken, or as a dip for tortilla chips. Honestly, I would eat it on just about anything!
Jalapeño cream sauce also works great as a salad dressing. It’s similar to a Café Rio tomatillo ranch copycat dressing, but with no ranch packets (trust me, you don’t need the MSG, maltodextrin, and gum thickeners that you get from a ranch packet).
This jalapeño sauce is quick and easy to make. Just combine all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
This is a mildly spicy sauce, if you remove the seeds from the jalapeños. If you want the sauce a little spicier, leave in some of the jalapeño seeds.
If possible, make the sauce at least an hour ahead of when you want to serve it, so the flavors can blend. The sauce stays fresh for about a week in the refrigerator.
I think you’re going to love this creamy jalapeño sauce recipe! If you try it, please leave a rating and comment. If you like this recipe, check out some of FoodLove’s other sauce recipes:
- 2 fresh jalapeños (seeds and membranes removed, cut into chunks)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (washed, dried, and tough stems removed)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup tomatillo salsa (I like Herdez brand)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
- Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or longer if possible.
- This recipe makes a mildly spicy sauce. If you want a spicier sauce, leave in some or all of the jalapeño seeds.
- Keep the stems! Cilantro stems are super flavorful (not bitter) and add wonderful texture to the sauce.
- For best results, prepare your dressing and rips ahead of time (I suggest one to two hours ahead).
- Refrigerate and use within 7 days
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
- Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (4-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe ),Clear
- WÜSTHOF Gourmet Eighteen Piece Acacia Block Set | 18-Piece German Knife Set | Precise Laser Cut High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set with 17 Slot Acacia Wood Block – Model 9718-6
- OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Glass Prep Bowl Set
- Blendtec Classic 575 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) and Spoonula Spatula BUNDLE - Professional-Grade Power - Self-Cleaning - 4 Pre-programmed Cycles - 5-Speeds - Black
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Disclosures: The author was not compensated by any person or company for the content of this post. The post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product using these links, we receive a commission. This helps with the cost of publishing recipes on this website.