For whatever reason, I often get asked to bring a salad to a party or social gathering. Maybe it’s because salads are so easy to share. This berry salad with spinach, feta and spiced pecans is a crowd-pleasing favorite, and it usually disappears fast from a buffet at a party. Of course, you can also make a smaller version just for yourself or your family. The combination of sweet, crunchy, salty, tangy, creamy and earthy flavors in this salad make it a winner.
To make this salad, start with a bed of your favorite greens. I like to use spinach, butter lettuce and arugula. Layer on sliced strawberries and blueberries, crumbled feta cheese, and spiced pecans. For dressing, I use balsamic glaze, olive oil, salt and pepper. If I have time, I’ll make my own Clean Eating Balsamic Glaze and Sugar & Spice Pecans for this salad.
A salad is only as good as the ingredients you put into it. I always look for a good quality imported feta cheese made from sheep’s milk. This brand is my favorite:
Your salad will be great whatever cheese you use, though, because the combination of flavors is so appealing.
This salad has made an appearance at countless special events: bridal showers, baby blessings, Mother’s Day, Easter, birthdays, and many more. It’s so fresh and yummy, party guests devour it! It’s also perfect for a simple dinner.
Berry Spinach Salad with Feta and Spiced Pecans
- 8 cups salad greens including spinach, butter lettuce, arugula or any combination
- 3 oz. feta cheese preferably sheep or goat's milk
- 3 cups mixed berries sliced strawberries and blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped glazed pecans such as Sugar & Spice Pecans (click link for recipe)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze such as Clean Eating Balsamic Glaze (click link for recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the washed and dried greens in the bottom of a medium salad bowl. Layer on the berries, crumbled feta cheese, and glazed pecans.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze and olive oil over the salad. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly before serving.
Disclosures: The author was not compensated by any person or company for the content of this post. The post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product using these links, we receive a commission. This helps with the cost of publishing recipes on this website.