For whatever reason, I often get asked to bring a salad to a party or social gathering. Maybe it’s because salads are so easy to share. This berry salad with spinach, feta and spiced pecans is a crowd-pleasing favorite, and it usually disappears fast from a buffet at a party. Of course, you can also make a smaller version just for yourself or your family. The combination of sweet, crunchy, salty, tangy, creamy and earthy flavors in this salad make it a winner.
To make this salad, start with a bed of your favorite greens. I like to use spinach, butter lettuce and arugula. Layer on sliced strawberries and blueberries, crumbled feta cheese, and spiced pecans. For dressing, I use balsamic glaze, olive oil, salt and pepper. If I have time, I’ll make my own Clean Eating Balsamic Glaze and Sugar & Spice Pecans for this salad.
A salad is only as good as the ingredients you put into it. I always look for a good quality imported feta cheese made from sheep’s milk. This brand is my favorite:
Your salad will be great whatever cheese you use, though, because the combination of flavors is so appealing.
This salad has made an appearance at countless special events: bridal showers, baby blessings, Mother’s Day, Easter, birthdays, and many more. It’s so fresh and yummy, party guests devour it! It’s also perfect for a simple dinner.
- 8 cups salad greens, including spinach, butter lettuce, arugula or any combination
- 3 oz. feta cheese, preferably sheep or goat's milk
- 3 cups mixed berries, sliced strawberries and blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped glazed pecans, such as Sugar & Spice Pecans (click link for recipe)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, such as Clean Eating Balsamic Glaze (click link for recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the washed and dried greens in the bottom of a medium salad bowl. Layer on the berries, crumbled feta cheese, and glazed pecans.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze and olive oil over the salad. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Glass Prep Bowl Set
- Acacia Wooden Salad Bowl Set - 12.5 Inches Hardwood with Servers Set Big Salad Bowls 3-Piece Set by AIDEA - Best Christmas Gift
- OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner, Large
- WÜSTHOF Gourmet Eighteen Piece Acacia Block Set | 18-Piece German Knife Set | Precise Laser Cut High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set with 17 Slot Acacia Wood Block – Model 9718-6
- Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
- Oneida Raffia 11 1/2-Inch Stainless Steel Salad Tongs
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g
Disclosures: The author was not compensated by any person or company for the content of this post. The post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product using these links, we receive a commission. This helps with the cost of publishing recipes on this website.