Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you love Valentine’s Day? Are you maybe a V-Day hater? I find myself kind of in the middle. Valentine’s Day isn’t a huge deal in our house. My husband and I have our wedding anniversary a few days before and my kids are not yet school age, so we don’t make a big fuss over the holiday. I didn’t want to overlook it completely though, so this morning we’ll have our own Valentine’s Day breakfast and we also made these heart shaped Strawberry Rice Krispie treats for a few friends in the neighborhood.
This recipe is just as quick and easy as regular Rice Krispie treats, and my 3 year old had a blast helping me make them. If you’re short on time today but still want to munch on something sweet or make something yummy with your kids, try these out. You might already have the ingredients in your cupboard!
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberry slices
- 1/2 pound almond bark
- Red food coloring
- In a large pot melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add Rice Krispie cereal and freeze dried strawberries and stir until well coated.
- Once combined, evenly press the mixture into a 13 x 9 inch pan coated in cooking spray. Cool.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut into heart shapes.
- Heat almond bark according to package directions and once fully melted add 2-4 drops of red food coloring.
- Dip 1/2 of each heart in the almond bark and place on a sheet of wax paper. Cool completely.
For more recipes like this one, follow us on Pinterest, follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Leave a Reply