This Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken is on my meal plan this week, and it’s one of my favorite quick and easy chicken recipes. I love making chicken breasts or cutlets for dinner because they’re so simple and versatile, but they don’t always turn out great. They dry out easily, and can sometimes be lacking in flavor. This recipe is great because it’s an easy weeknight dinner that’s a lot more flavorful than most chicken breast recipes, and doesn’t get dried out. The marinade is to die for, and it has a wonderful garlic-y, fresh flavor.
So, what makes this recipe especially easy? Instead of breading each piece of chicken by hand, you just have to quickly toast the breadcrumbs, then use them to top the chicken breasts. You don’t have to go through all the dipping and breading but you still get the satisfying texture and flavor of the breadcrumbs.
This recipe calls for chicken cutlets, not chicken breasts which I use most often, so I use this tip from Real Simple to make my own cutlets out of chicken breasts. I had some chicken breasts from Costco in my freezer which were huge, so I actually only needed two chicken breasts to make the 8 cutlets. Once I sliced each breast in half horizontally, I cut it in half vertically, leaving me with 8 cutlets ready to go.
This easy garlic Parmesan chicken is low in fat and calories, simple to make, and extra tasty. It’s one of our favorite easy chicken recipes for an effortless family dinner.
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 chicken cutlets
- 4 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the marinade by combining the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add marinade and chicken cutlets to a gallon size zip bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking spray. Lightly toast breadcrumbs in the skillet for 2-3 minutes, and once toasted combine with Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Re-spray the skillet with cooking spray and add chicken cutlets. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Once the chicken is cooked, top each cutlet with about 1 tablespoon of the breadcrumb mixture and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
- WÜSTHOF Gourmet Eighteen Piece Acacia Block Set | 18-Piece German Knife Set | Precise Laser Cut High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set with 17 Slot Acacia Wood Block – Model 9718-6
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet With Assist Handle, 10.25", Black
- Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
- Pyrex SYNCHKG106070 2Piece Basics Value Pack1-Basics 8"/2 dish1-Basics 3 Quart Oblong Bake Dish, 2.2, Clear
Serving Size:1 cutlet, 3 oz.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 19g
Photos by Julie 208/Shutterstock.com
Disclosures: The author was not compensated by any person or company for the content of this post. The post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product using these links, we receive a commission. This helps with the cost of publishing recipes on this website.