Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
Loaded with the fresh flavors of jalapeño, tomatillo, and cilantro, creamy jalapeño sauce tastes great on just about anything!
Servings 1 1/2 cups
KitchenAid KSB1570SL 5-Speed Blender with 56-Ounce BPA-Free Pitcher - Silver
Measuring Cups and Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls
DI ORO Seamless Series 4-Piece Silicone Spatula Set - 600°F Heat-Resistant Pro-Grade Rubber Spatulas - Spoonula, Large Spatula, Small/Mini Spatula, and Jar Spatula - Kitchen Utensil Set (Red)
- 2 fresh jalapeños seeds and membranes removed, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves washed, dried, and tough stems removed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup tomatillo salsa I like Herdez brand
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or longer if possible.
- This recipe makes a mildly spicy sauce. If you want a spicier sauce, leave in some or all of the jalapeño seeds.
- Keep the stems! Cilantro stems are super flavorful (not bitter) and add wonderful texture to the sauce.
- For best results, prepare your dressing and rips ahead of time (I suggest one to two hours ahead).
- Refrigerate and use within 7 days