Crock-Pot Honey Balsamic Chicken and Carrots
Chicken breasts and carrots get a flavor boost from balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic and chile oil for this simple, tasty crock-pot honey balsamic chicken.
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set
Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked (10 cDigital Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Food Steamer - Black
Measuring Cups and Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set
Pyrex Measuring Cup 4-piece Set, Clear, 15 x 12 x 5.375
- 12 chicken tenders or 3 chicken breast halves about 2 pounds total
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil or substitute 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt or substitute kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Thaw the chicken, if frozen. Trim fat and tendons, and discard excess water.
Mix the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic and chili oil in a small bowl or measuring cup, and set aside.
Place the chicken on one side of a crock-pot or slow cooker, with the carrots on the other side.
Drizzle the chicken and carrots with olive oil and melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Pour the balsamic mixture over all.
Cook in the crock-pot on high for about 3 hours or on low for about 6 hours. During the last hour of cooking, turn the heat up to high and remove the lid to allow excess water to evaporate.
Serve the chicken and carrots with potatoes, polenta, noodles, rice or couscous.